lunes, 2 de mayo de 2011

Vocabulary

- Accommodation: A room, building, or space in which someone may live or stay.
In the Sheraton there is Accommodation for 300 people.

-Affluent: Someone who has a good economic situation.
Farkas is Affluent.

-
Arouse: evoke a feeling or response.
The smell of Hamburgers arouse me.

-
Bewilder: Leave someone perplex or confuse.
The death of Osama bewilder me.

-
Arrogant: Having an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
Goofy is very arrogant.

-Compel: Force or oblige to do something.
My parents feel compel to make me study.

-
Impose: Force to be accepted, done, or complied with
The Police Impose me to give the drugs.

- Lenient:
Merciful or tolerant.
My parents are lenient.

-
Novice: A person who is new to and inexperienced in a job or situation.
She is a novice in the cheerleader team.

-
Overt: Done or shown openly.
He overt me war!

-
Coerce: Persuade an unwilling person to do something by using force or threats.
Juan coerce me to join the scouts.

-
Prudent: acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
The mothers all over the world are very prudent.

-Scapegoat:
A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings or mistakes of others.
I make a joke to someone and I use my partner as a scapegoat.

-Superstition: Excessively credulous belief in and reverence for the supernatural.
The ghosts are just a superstition.

-
Supplement:: A thing added to something else to enhance or complete it.
The cereal is a supplement for a healthy breakfast.

-
Apathy:Someone who is indiferent.

-
Dismay: consternation and distress.
The global warming dismay me.

-
Endeavor:try hard to do or achieve.
All the endeavor is in vain.

-
Frugal:careful when using money or food, or of a meal cheap or small in amount.
Im having a frugal lifestyle.

- Mercenary
:Primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.
The mercenaries are cool.

-Naive:
lacking experience, wisdom, or judgement.
The Kids are naive.

-Stringent:
strict, precise, and exacting.
My parents are really stringent with me.

-
Alluring:powerful attraction or fascination.
Everybody tell me I'm the most alluring person in the world.

-
Ample:enough or more than enough; plentiful.
Father Hurtado was an ample person.

-
Bicker:Argue about petty and trivial matters.
My parents are bickering

- Blend: mix and combine (something) with something else.
I love put food on the Blender.

- Avert: Prevent or ward off (an undesirable occurrence).
I tried to avert a tragedy, and it worked.

-Candid: truthful and straightforward; frank.
Jesus was a candid person.

-
Erratic:not even or regular in pattern or movement.
The distribution of money on January was erratic.

-Isolate:
place apart or alone; cut off.
Im going to Isolate that couple.

-
Destiny:the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person in the future.
Everyone creates their own destiny.

-
Diminish:make or become less.
The people should diminish their speed while they are in the city.

-
Exempt: free from an obligation or liability imposed on others.
I'm exempt from the religion class.

-Query:
a question, especially one expressing doubt.
Teacher, I have a Query!

-
Patron: a person who gives financial or other support to a person, organization, cause, etc.
The patron of this team is Coke.

-Bogus:not genuine or true.
The Osama's death is Bogus.

-Adroit: clever or skilful.
Albert Einstein was very Adroit.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario